Federal Member for Blaxland Jason Clare and Federal Labor Candidate for Banks Chris Gambian joined Canterbury Bankstown Council Mayor Khal Asfour on Friday to announce $350,000 to upgrade the home of netball in Bankstown, Deverall Park.
The money will be used to upgrade netball facilities at Deverall Park, including the old toilet facilities and change rooms.
“This is fantastic news for netball in Bankstown. Deverall Park is used by thousands of local girls and women. It has needed an upgrade for a long, long time and now it will get it,” Mr Clare said.
“This announcement by Federal Labor will ensure the facilities our netball teams use will be modern and able to be used by our community,” Mr Gambian said.
“The upgrade of Deverall Park has been identified by the Council as a priority,” Mayor Khal Asfour said. “Netball in our local area will greatly benefit from this makeover, especially for a sport where participation continues to grow every year.”
“We’re seeing participation in netball in our local area grow and the existing amenities are struggling to meet the increased demand,” Administration Officer of Bankstown City Netball Association Leah Lewis said. “Friday’s announcement is welcomed by Bankstown Netball.”
Local teams that play at Deverall Park include:
- Bankstown Blues Netball Club
- Bankstown Sports Netball Club
- Birrong Sports Netball Club
- Chester Hill Hornets Netball Club
- Chipping Norton Netball Club
- Condell Park Wattles Netball Club
- East Hills Bullettes Netball Club
- Padstow RSL Demons Netball Club
- Picnic Point Pumas Netball Club
- Revesby Workers Netball Club
- St Charbel Netball Club
- St Christopher’s Netball Club
MEDIA CONTACT: Lizzie Green 02 9790 2466