Evidence at the Senate Select Committee on the NBN today confirmed that construction will slow dramatically over the next six months.
The NBN rollout is currently passing 5000 premises per week. In evidence before the Senate Select Committee today NBN Co Chairman Ziggy Switkowski confirmed that this number would drop to just 4000 premises per week under Minister Turnbull's new model.
"Last week they broke their promise to give everyone access to the NBN by 2016 and this week they have confirmed they are slowing down construction," Mr Clare said.
"While Minister Turnbull and his mates tank the rollout of the NBN communities across the country are being left in broadband limbo," Ms Rowland said.
Dr Switkowski also admitted that they could not guarantee broadband speeds to Australian homes and businesses, again confirming that the Coalition would be breaking its key election promise of delivering minimum speeds of 25 megabits per second by 2016.
TUESDAY, 17 DECEMBER 2013
MEDIA CONTACT: RYAN HAMILTON 02 9790 2466