In celebration of The Queen’s 70th Jubilee the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment has announced the 'Planting Trees for The Queen’s Jubilee Program'.
The Department announced up to $100,000 per electorate to fund up to 10 projects. Grants of between $2,500 and $20,000 are available to support local communities in planting trees in honour of Her Majesty's 70 years on the throne and to enhance local tree canopy.
To be eligible, you must:
- Complete the EOI (link below) by the due date – Wednesday 16 March at 5pm
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
- you must also be one of the following not-for-profit entities
- entities must be located within the Blaxland electorate
A not-for-profit organisation incorporated in Australia can include:
- an incorporated Trustee on behalf of a Trust
- a State/Territory Government school in the ACT, QLD, NT or VIC
- State department of education (or its State Minister) in NSW, SA, TAS or WA acting as a project sponsor for one of its State Government schools
- a local governing body as defined by the Local Government (Financial Assistance) Act 1995- external site.
Incorporated not-for-profit organisations can include:
- incorporated associations
- a co-operative
- an incorporated Australian Public or Private Company
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006- external site
- Indigenous land councils
- religious organisations incorporated under legislation strata-title.
I encourage all eligible organisations to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI).
The EOI form is available here:
EOI FORM BLAXLAND PLANTING TREES FOR THE QUEENS JUBILEE PROGRAM
EOI’s close on Wednesday 16 March at 5pm via email:
All EOI will be assessed by a local consultative committee.
For more information please call my office on 02 9790 2466 or visit www.awe.gov.au/environment/biodiversity/conservation/queens-jubilee